Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Congratulations are in order!

angrymonkey has done something that has never been done before, not by angrymonkey! (okay, enuff talking about myself in the third person...very irritating!)
I received my certificate from Medicine Hat College, officially welcoming me onto the College Honour Roll. I never dreamed, when I was in grade school and high school, that I could ever accomplish that. I always felt dumb, and my constant failures and low self-esteem prevented me from seeing that I could do it, and no one else was able to see what was really going on. But now, as a mature student, I know what I'm dealing with, I know what I need to do, and I worked very, very hard to get there! It gives me a goal for next year, as well...I'd really like to continue that success, and stay on the honour roll for the three+ years I'll be there.

Just some thots on the Michael Jackson trial (and I'd love to hear anyone's thots on this, as well): whether he is guilty of sexual abuse I'm not sure. I think the jury actually did the right thing, in acquitting him, despite my personal feelings about MJ. There just wasn't enough evidence to convict, and the justic system seems to be following "innocent until Proven guilty". You can't convict a person based on what you think he might have done. (That being said, I do think he's guilty of manipulating children for his own selfish need to identify with children, and avoid taking responsibily for himself). Anytime an adult, whether he is childlike in behavior or not, uses a child for selfish reasons, he or she is guilty of inappropriate behavior. It is wrong for an adult to welcome a child into their bed, to hang out almost exclusively with children, and to act like they themselves are children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corky,
I am truly proud of you!
What you have accomplished in your academics is phenomenal! I'm glad to hear how proud you are of yourself. That's not necessarily vain. That's just feeling good about your goals after achieving them. Do make sure that you give credit to those who made this possible - you have a great supporting cast as well.
DH